Sunday 20 June 2010

Bread

This week started badly as I haven't been well and it's ended badly too but praise God he is in control of all things. Yesterday I made my first loaf of bread with a bread making machine someone had given me. Guess what - I still work in the old lbs and ounces but the measurements in the recipe were in grammes. I tried to get an accurate conversation by looking in one of my old recipe books and the proportions looked about right but at the end of the cooking cycle I
1) nearly broke the machine trying to get the basket out that the bread was in
2) nearly broke the thing that turns the dough
3) eventually got it out to find that my loaf resembled 'a rock'
4) a rock in every sense of the word - if you wanted to build a house of bricks I suggest you ask me to make bread for you!! The dough will surely keep the bricks together.

Ah well there is always another time and perhaps a new set of scales which are the old type with the lb and ounce weights.

My spiritual lesson for the day thought - Lead me to the rock that is higher than I - praise God for Jesus.

My cold seems no better - I was told it may be hay fever as the pollen count has been real high and if it is well, where does all that yeuky gunk come from - I have gone through so many boxes and packets of tissues.

I am now off to do the dishes, I don't feel much like doing them I might add but it's a chore that can't be left.

If I get a pic of my bread I will certainly let you see it!!! Have a blessed Sunday.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Sorry to hear you're not well sis, I am suffering from allergies too and my head and face ache just about every day at the minute. Have you tried a Neti Pot to rinse out your 'snot'! I use one every day and it really does help to clear out all that yucky mucus!
I just posted your pic with Dad on my blog. Hop over to read it when you can. Love you.
xxxxx

N Abram said...

I hope you are feeling much better!Hey i have one of those bread maker (mum bought me) and i haven't used it yet..no time and also it does not seem that easy..! I'm in the middle of marking so i'd better go. God bless. Lots of love and hug x Nicky